What We're all About
The California Swing Dance Hall Of Fame was founded in 1990 and is a non-profit, volunteer organization which pays tribute to and promotes the recognition and appreciation of professional and non-professional dancers of the past, whose outstanding talents and showmanship created a legacy of movement, rhythm, energy and style in the art of swing dancing. The organization also strives to pass on this swing dance legacy to the present dance generation and to ensure that the inherited styling will continue to be interpreted and enjoyed in its highest artistic form.
Those inducted or recognized into the Hall of Fame must be California residents for at least three years. Dancers wishing to be considered must submit a Nominee Application to the Board of Directors.
They must have at least:
- Nova: 1 to 10 years swing dance experience.
- Rising Star: 11 to 20 years Swing Dance experience.
- Shining Star: 21 to 30 years Swing Dance experience.
- Golden Star: 30+ years Swing Dance experience.
- Special Achievements: Individuals who have substantially contributed to the California Swing Dance Hall of Fame and/or Swing Dance in California.
- Couples: Couples recognized for their contribution and influence as a swing dance couple at the discretion of the board.
- Stellar: an individual who over the years has contributed substantially to Swing Dancing in California and is now deceased.